Join Us for Manufacturing Day - October 2, 2020
• What is Manufacturing Day?
Manufacturing is a stable and secure career path with high pay and many opportunities for advancement.
Did You Know?
- During the next decade manufacturers will need to fill 4.6 million high-skills, high-tech and high paying jobs, as well as leadership positions.
- The industry has one of the lowest employee turnover rates among the private sector.
- Today’s manufacturing jobs require high-level technical and problem solving skills
- The average USA manufacturing worker earns $81,289, almost $20,000 more than an average employee working in other industries.
Start Your Career in Manufacturing - see Opportunities
- CNC Machinist
- Machine Operator
- Manufacturing/Production Planning and Management
- Quality Control
- CNC Programming
- Supply Chain
- Materials Manager
- Mechanical Assembly
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Sales Engineering
- Applications Engineering
- Customer Service
Manufacturing Day is Going Virtual This Year!See what modern manufacturing looks like, tour our new state-of-the-art facility, 96,000 square feet located at 250 Duffy Avenue, Hicksville, NY.
Take the tour!
• About Us
SDP/SI deemed an essential business during the pandemic
2020 has been an extremely difficult and unprecedented time for all of us. When New York and other states were closing down due to the pandemic we remained open and operational, making the health and safety of our employees our primary concern.
Our ability to act quickly and adjust to this extremely fluid situation allowed us to focus on our many medical and military customers. Implementing proactive steps to limit disruption to delivery schedules we continued manufacturing key components for medical devices and healthcare equipment, including COVID-19 testing machines.
Our primary concern continues to be the health and safety of our employees, families, and partners. Preventive measures are in place as we continue to follow the recommendations and protocols from the CDC – Centers for Disease Control, state and local governments.
Established 1950, Stock Drive Products/Sterling Instrument (SDP/SI), a Designatronics brand, provides engineered mechanical solutions to the aerospace, medical, defense, robotics, recreational and commercial industries.
• Learn more about some of the industries and
customers we work with:
Providing Engineered Mechanical Solutions partnering with OEMs around the world we develop and manufacture precision gears, mechanical components and build complex assemblies to be integrated into larger systems.
Custom Gear Manufacturing
• 3D PrintingOur 3D printer is used for prototypes and low rate production. 3D printing gives engineers the opportunity to review, validate and improve their designs before moving in to production.
• Meet Our Universal Robot
• Meet Our Team
SDP/SI consistently makes the Modern Machine Shop “TOP SHOPS” list, but in 2019 we were named an honoree and presented an award at the annual Top Stops Conference in Cincinnati, OH.
We have also been recognized by Newsday as a "Top Long Island Work Place" for years 2018 and 2019.
• Manufacturing as a Career – My Story
*Please note all COVID related precautions have been followed in the filming of these videos. We observed social distancing protocols and wore mask where necessary.
Juan Torres, CNC Mill Operator
Anthony LaFleur, CNC Programmer
Many styles, sizes, and configurations are available.
Q: Do you need to open up a bore?
Q: Would you have better results with a lighter plastic pulley?
Q: Do you need a keyway?
A: Whatever your requirements are, we can create a custom pulley specifically for your needs. All of our quality custom-manufactured components are built to deliver the most consistent performance.
Timing Belt and Pulley pitches include:
MXL, XL, L, Miniature FHT®, HTD®, GT®2 and GT®3, T, and posi-drive
Not only can we manufacture custom pulleys and slice custom widths for timing belts, we invest in the world’s finest manufacturing equipment:
- CNC Swiss Turning – Multiple Spindle, 9-Axis
- CNC Lathe (Mill-Turn) – Multiple Spindle, 5-Axis
- CNC Milling & Machining Centers – 4- & 5-Axis, with Automation
- CNC Gear Cutting – CNC Bevel, CNC Hobbing, CNC Shaping, Coniflex Bevel Gear Generators, Rack Cutting
- Deburring Department
- Drilling Equipment
- Grinding Equipment
- Honing Machines
- Plastic Injection Molds
- Plastic Injection Machines
- Timing Belt Slicing Machines
- Timing Belt Ink Jet Printers
- Ultrasonic Welders
- Certified Inspection Equipment
- SPC Capabilities
- ISO 7 Class 10000 Clean Room - Assembly
- 3D Printing for prototypes and low rate production
- Keyway broaching
- Custom Belt Pulleys